Wednesday, November 7, 2012

New Running shoes!

I LOVE when I have to go buy new running shoes!  I have pretty much worn out my current pair of Brooks that I have been running in for quite some time so it was time to start looking at what my next running shoe would be. I knew right off the bat it would be Brooks, I have tried Nike, Adidas, Reebok, and Asics and nothing fits me better or holds up better than Brooks.  So, yesterday morning as any other morning I check my e-mail and there is a Dick's Sporting Goods coupon in my inbox.  They don't often carry what I want in the store in terms of shoes but this coupon was 20% an online order...win win!  So, I started looking around and found the PureProject line (PureConnect, PureCadence, PureFlow, and PureGrit). This particular line is still supposed to provide all the normal comfort of a typical Brooks shoe just with less.

  • The PureCadence gives runners who need more stability the chance to experience the feel of a natural foot strike with a lightweight, breathable shoe.
  • For Guidance to Support runners, this shoe delivers more support through smart, streamlined features.
  • A reinforced heel counter secures the foot and the internal PDRB helps prevent overpronation.
  • A wider Nav Band locked in to the medial strike pod add extra stability in a lightweight shoe.


  • I first tried on the PureConnect but that really didn't feel right on me, the shoe felt really tight around my foot and it didn't quite have the cushioning I was looking for.  Not that I wanted a lot but the overall feel was just not for me.  I then saw the above shoe just in a different color, tried it and fell in love!  Had they had the exact shoe above there in the store I would have bought it and ran home! But instead I went home and ordered them online and used my coupon like a good savvy shopper would.  I am a heel striker most times and like the cushioning this shoe seems to provide in that area. So, now I just have to wait for them to arrive at my door and then I will be off and running and no doubt my feet will love me again.


    ~Keri

    No comments:

    Post a Comment